Monday, January 15, 2018

Is Faith A Mystery?

 
Is Faith A Mystery?
Haven't we all struggled with our faith before. When you think about it, so did the Apostles. They walked beside Jesus while He ministered on earth. They saw Him perform one miracle after another, but still, they struggled to believe. They lacked faith. We know through the Word of God that Jesus performed many miracles, yet, we struggle to find our faith.
 
In the Book of Acts, chapter 3, we read the story of "The Lame Man Healed." When all the people who saw this blind man healed, they were amazed. Peter said;"Men of Israel, why do you marvel at this? Or why do you look so intently at us, as though by our own power or godliness we had this man walk?
 
Here is something to ponder; Peter's word still ring true today. "And His name, through faith in His name, has made this man strong"... "Yet, the faith which comes through him has given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all."
 
Faith is a place of mystery, where we have the courage to believe in what we cannot see and the strength to let go of our fear of uncertainty. When we reach those low places and we feel like there is no hope, we can put our faith in Jesus Christ our Lord, who sits at the right hand of God and all the powers of heaven. My friends...That is power! That is FAITH!!
 
"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in my name, I will do it." John 14:12-14


No comments: