Sunday, August 18, 2024

Victory Over Worry

Victory Over Worry 

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10.

Food for Thought...Who doesn't worry these days? Doesn't everyone worry? Sure we do. Why is worry so bad? When we worry, we are distracted. Now we are in Satan's territory and the possibilities are endless. None for our good. Simply put, it is a failure on our part to trust God. This doesn't mean that God expects us to rejoice in whatever happens. For instance, we don't have to be thankful that we get bad news or life feels like it's hopeless. One of my biggest battlefields is fear that something will happen to my loved ones. I remind myself, is this what God said? The Bible says when we have a relationship with God, we will experience, "fullness of joy," and pleasures evermore." (Psalm 16:11.) This moment needs your attention, for this is where your life exists. There is a future planned for you that you’ve not seen, nor heard, nor even imagined. No, we don't need to worry about tomorrow. We're in good hands. 

"Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crops fail, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!" Habakkuk 3:17-18. 

"Worry doesn't empty tomorrow of it's sorrow; it empties today of its strength."

Sweetest Blessings,
Jo



 

No comments: