Thursday, March 16, 2017

Sweet Mercies


What's On My Heart Today... "Sweet Mercies"

"Rain down, you heavens, from above, And let the skies pour down righteousness; Let the earth open, let them bring forth salvation, And let righteousness spring up together. I, the Lord, have created it." Isaiah 45:8

Today I am reminded, "Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail." (Lamentations 3:22). This has been a very unusually wet winter where we live. It would be easy for anyone that suffers with depression to loose hope. My dear friend sent me these thoughts today and I thought to share them with you. She was speaking of an old song called "Sweet Mercies". I didn't remember this song, but what she wrote resonated with my soul. "Sweet Mercies" compares God's mercies with the spring rain, "Like a sweet spring rain, let it fall like a sweet spring rain. So, from now on I'm going to associate this spring rain with the sweet mercies of God. Let every time you look out and see it raining be a reminder of His great love and compassion."  If it's been a long and wet season for you, my friend, grab ahold of these words and let them remind you of God's great love and compassion for you. Today, God would say to you...

"Because I love you, my compassion never fails"

Sweet Blessings,
Jo