Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Evil And Sheer Beauty


"What's On My Heart Today"... "Evil And Sheer Beauty"

“He will give: beauty for ashes; joy instead of mourning; praise instead of heaviness.” Isaiah 61:3

I have been amazed at the testimonies of some of my precious sister's when they share their horrific life stories. Some unimaginable, some that could well have been written from my own experiences. It gives me pause for thought. We all have stories to tell. Few will ever escape the realities of the darker and evil side of life. Whenever my thoughts escape me, floating back to a broken childhood, I am faced with a decision to park in the pain or to embrace the beauty that my life is today. I ran across a beautiful but haunting piece that caused my thoughts to wander in this direction; "We found ourselves hushed by delicate floating butterflies and cheery watercolor flowers that had no place within the camp's barbed wire walls. We were moved by the coexistence of evil and sheer beauty, seemingly both allowed to flourish in the same place." (Kristy Cambron, "The Butterfly and the Violin"). I am once again reminded, God can make beauty from ashes. Today, God would say to you...

"I can make beauty, even in ashes"

Sweetest Blessings,
Jo