Thursday, January 12, 2017

Godly Heritage


"The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage." Psalms 16:6

The language in this scripture is beautiful to me. I was adopted as a young child, so I have no knowledge of my heritage. I can't go back in my heritage and find out what my origins are. That has always left me feeling lacking. God knows that we have a desire to know our heritage. For some reason, we are wired that way. But He reminds us to be content with the blessings He has given us. For those reading today who can't say you have a heritage, why not start now to give your family a good heritage? Try to point your family in the right direction and let your path fall in pleasant places. Be a goodly heritage for those following after you. What are we passing on to our children and those we influence in the generations to follow? I purposefully chose the last part of a Bible verse to highlight a simple statement made by the apostle Paul, “That I might live for God.” (Galatians 2:19).

Sweet Blessings,
Jo


No comments: