Friday, October 13, 2017

Our Days Are Numbered


What's On My Heart Today "Our Days Are Numbered"

My, how time flies! Where did the time go? As we count our days, we are reminded that they are limited. When Moses considered how quickly the 120 years of his life had passed, he wrote; "Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90:12. Life changes rather quickly and we begin to wonder if we really lived our life well. Today I am reminded to count every day and make every day count. "Today is a gift, that is why it is called the present." We need to honestly think about how short our earthly lives are in comparison to all eternity. Are we living in a worthwhile way that will assure us of a home in heaven? Or, are we frittering our lives away on things of no eternal value? May our hearts wisely pay attention and live accordingly.

2 comments:

J&J Alsop said...

Good to be reminded of this.

Whats on my heart today said...

For sure..."I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14. Thank you for following this blog Sugar. <3