Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Heaven is Our Home


"I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you." (John 14:20).

Heaven...Do you ever think about where God actually lives? The Bible tells us that "every believer is a living stone in the spiritual house of God." (1 peter 2:5) God lives in us! Stop and consider how incredible this is, if we are believers, the infinite God of the universe has chosen to make His home in our heart. “Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?” (1 Corinthians 3:16). But still, do you ever think of God actually living in a residence? God does have a residence! It's called Heaven. The dwelling place of the One who is infinite, omnipotent, and eternal. God's 'residence' is in Heaven. You were born on earth but your citizenship is in Heaven. God designed us to be homesick for heaven. We will never be completely at peace until we share eternal life with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Charles Spurgeon wrote "Breathe the home air" of heaven as you live for Christ on earth." Rejoice in knowing that one day soon...Heaven will be our home. "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also." (John 14:3). Amen!

Sweet Blessings,
Jo


No comments: