Sunday, September 8, 2024

Faith and the Impossible


Faith and the Impossible

Living with Chronic Long-Term Illness

"So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10.

Chronic Illness...Being sick is a painful part of living. Why we suffer remains a mystery this side of Heaven. I have lived a long time with chronic illness and I am convinced I haven't walked this journey alone. Misery loves company! Chronic illness has many faces with a multitude of names. There are seasons with chronic illness when the suffering never seems to lighten up and will pose a real challenge to our faith. This is my journey to find that kind of faith. This I know, when we seek God through His Word and prayer...we find Jesus. That's enough!! Remember, Jesus understands our pain, He too suffered. No one comes through suffering unchanged. It is in our suffering that God reveals Himself. He knows what He's doing even when we feel baffled by the why. It has been in the deepest valleys where God's presence has dissolved my fears. I have no idea what my future holds, but I do know who holds my future. When the world looks like it's falling apart, remember...everything is falling into place! Counting my blessings! I am at peace. 💓

"Because of the Lord's great love, we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is His faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23. 

Sweetest Blessings.
Jo

Things I've learned: "Pearls of Wisdom" (Good for note cards)

1. God's plans are not our plans...They are always better.

2. How do I cope...It doesn't matter.

3. God  has lovingly placed us where we are...with a purpose. 

4. Never fear the future...God knows our beginning to our end. 

5. God never leaves us alone. He speaks to us day or night...If we listen. 

6. The Bible comes alive...If we make it our life-line.

7. Keep looking upwards...Rather than outwards.

8. Never give up...Your stronger than you think.

9. Decided who's voice you are listening to...Satan is a deceiver. 

10. Were only promised today...Live in it!

“My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” Psalm 73:26.


No comments: