Sunday, September 15, 2024

Embracing the Season

 

Embracing the Seasons 

“As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease.” Genesis 8:22.

Seasons... I'm sitting in my cozy living room with a fire in the fireplace, warming the chill of a seemingly early fall. I think back on the long summer days filled with the breathless beauty of nature that speaks to my soul. Sweet memories linger. I wonder...What will fall look like. God created the seasons and one thing is for sure, they will not be overdue a single day. Not all seasons are idyllic, some seasons are challenging and leave us with questions. I am reminded our biggest blessings are often found in the deepest waters that often leave our faith with deeper roots. My heart is to embrace this new season. I want to be present and also to be aware of God’s presence in every moment. I am going to love everything about my life. Not just parts of it, but embrace it all. I'm going to buy a new sweater, turn on Christmas music and sing! Be aware of what season you are in and give yourself the grace to be there. Our moments are not someone elses to live. Joy is not a season, it’s a way of living. 

“I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign Lord is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, He enables me to tread on the heights” Habakkuk 3:18-19.

"Live fully in the season you are in because you won't ever get it back!" 

No comments: