Sunday, May 26, 2024

Old Age

Old Age

"Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you."  Isaiah 46:4.

Old Age...Funny, when I was young, I never thought of myself as ever growing old. Not that I thought it was a bad thing. As I have grown older, I began to realize that aging is something that almost everyone dreads. Scripture tells us that "gray hair is a crown of splendor," but for most of us, we would just as soon avoid what aging represents... Growing old! The truth is, no one is exempt from aging. While the media leads us to believe that youth have more value, the blessed truth is, we are treasured by God at every age. Aging is not just about physical changes, but also about the wisdom, experiences, and insights gained over the years. It's about the stories we can share, the lessons we've learned, and the wisdom we leave behind. Indeed, there's much to celebrate as the years pass by. I love that this verse mentions our old age and gray hair. It means living and dying in a way that shows God to be the all-satisfying treasure that He is. How can we lean into God at any age, trusting that every day matters, from our first to our last! Don't ever waste your time living like your dying...live like you are alive! "Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished: If you're alive...it isn't!"

God reminds us more than once in His word that growing older is an honor. "Gray hair is a glorious crown..." Proverbs 16:31.

"If you struggle with the thought of growing old, remember this, aging is the only way to live a long life!"




 

No comments: