Friday, February 9, 2024

Come Away With Me

Come Away With Me

"Come away with Me by yourselves to a quiet place and rest awhile." Mark 6:31.

REST...I've had some time these past few months to ponder many things. Long illnesses can stir up unwanted emotions we never knew we harbored. Fear that relentlessly preys upon the mind and heart, all to often down negative paths. When we are overloaded with the cares of life, it can be hard to hold onto our faith. Where is the line between concern, worry, and faith? Self-care is necessary and important, but it doesn't always meet the need of soul care. When we reach this point of emotional exhaustion, our souls need rest. God has been speaking to my heart about letting go of things that have no Spiritual value. Letting go of things that I cannot change and hold close to heart the things that truly matters to my heart. Only then my answer came in the simplest of ways. His Word! "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27.) God wants His followers to have deep, sweet restfulness of soul, not anxiousness. What does it mean to rest when we are weary? It is a rest that is all-consuming and has it's roots in something unshakable. It is safe in the arms of Jesus. Sweet! Blessed! Soul Care! Come away with Me... Are there any sweater words to hear! 

"Come to Me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and I will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy  and My burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30.

When your thoughts get in the way of your faith. Cling to your Bible and the promises the lies within.

Sweetest Blessings,
Jo

 

No comments: