Sunday, October 29, 2023

Measure our Days

Measure our Days 

Measured Days: "Being aware of the brevity of life."

"Teach us to realize how short our lives are, than our hearts will become wise." Psalm 90:12.

Food for Thought...When we are rushed in the midst our busy lives we can forget the age-old reality that life passes by very quickly. King David sensed the movement of time when he ask God, "What is the measure of my days?" What does it even mean to measure our days? It's not the ability to count how many days we have lived or to predict how many days we have left. Numbering our days means to realize the brevity (shortness of time). What if I told you that in your mailbox was an envelope with a piece of paper with the number of days you had left in this life? Would you want to know? Would it change anything? The Word tells us that our lives are "but a breath." (Psalm 39:5). None of us know the end of our days, but we do know that our days are limited. It is better we grasp how fragile our life is on earth and how limited our time on earth is to prepare ourselves for eternity. Life is short and tomorrow is not promised to us. If we stop like David in full awareness of how fleeting time is, we can began to recognize what we thought was so important is really very insignificant. May God give us all supernatural wisdom to measure our days.

 "Lord, make me known my end, and what is the measure of my days, that I may know how frail I am. Indeed, You have made my days as handbreadths, and my age is as nothing before you; certainly every man at his best state is but a vapor." Psalm 39:45.

"Our earthly lives are full of limitations, but God's power is boundless, His timeline is infinite, and His purposes are everlasting."

Sweetest Blessings,
Jo


No comments: