Sunday, October 15, 2023

I Will Not Be Shaken

I Will Not Be Shaken
 
Meaning: To be secure and stable in God's protection and power.

"My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. Psalm 62:1-2.

This past few weeks have certainly given believers much food for thought. Leaving most of us somewhere between anxiety and hope. We have witnessed unbelievable atrocities on our television screens and listened to umpteen gospel messages in hope of finding peace and hope. We know bad things have been prevalent for centuries but there's something different about the days we are living in. The question is, how can we graciously respond to these kinds of hardships and not give in to fear? Trusting in the knowledge that Jesus promised to return for us provides strength during difficult times. Jesus Himself said it best, "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.... I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also." (John 14:1-3). Sweet, blessed hope! If you look at the end times through the lens o fear, rest assured, if you are Christ's you are not on the wrong side. We don't know what tomorrow will bring, so, live your life until the Lord returns. Trust God! God has not moved one millimeter off the Throne! Bible believing Christians may disagree on some details surrounding the end times, but we can agree; Jesus is coming again. My prayer for today is this, "Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in Him." (Psalm 62:5). 

Watch out that no one deceives you...You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come." Matthew 24:4-6.

"History is God's story, and it is going somewhere. It had a beginning, and it will have an end." 


 

No comments: