Sunday, September 24, 2023

The Wonders of Autumn

 The Wonders of Autumn

The Wonders of Autumn: Embracing God's Glory-Gift of Fall.

"God has made everything beautiful in it's own time." Ecclesiastes 3:11

This week arrived with the first signs of autumn here in Montana. If you were to ask me my first thoughts about this awe-inspiring season, it would be that it represents the start of the holiday season packed full of nostalgic memories and traditions. All things that I love. I stand momentarily looking out my window at God's breathtaking nature, I am suddenly deeply aware that there is so much more. God is revealing the weight of His Glory through the looking glass of nature! This time of year is saturated with the fingerprints of God. My spirit moves and I wonder why it's easier to feel "thankful" when I breathe deep the beauty of nature. Oh that my soul knows full well the presence of Almighty God. As summer fades, the invitation is to notice, with gratitude, God's presence in all things. The blessed place isn't what season it is; it's about God in each day. He loves you so much that He created all the seasons to delight the hearts of His children. Built within our hearts is this capacity to recognize God's existence in the majesty of what He has created. I find myself with an unquenchable desire to enjoy the beauty and blessing of Autumn. May we all have an eye to capture such beauty. Don't let this season pass you by without taking notice. 

"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and Divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what He has made, so they are without excuse." Romans 1:20.

"Sometimes we are so trapped by looking ahead or back that we are missing the beauty of now."

Sweetest Blessings,
Jo
 
(265) Don Moen feat. Joshua Aaron - Give Thanks (Hebrew) - YouTube

No comments: