Sunday, February 26, 2023

Serving The Lord With Gladness

Serving The Lord With Gladness

"Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before His presence with singing. Know that the Lord. He is God; it is He who has made us, and not ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Enter into His gates with Thanksgiving. And His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His holy Name." Psalm 2-4.

Most days I am blessed to wake up with joy bubbling over my day. I wish I could tell you that every day greets me with such enthusiasm, but in all honesty, there are days I focus on putting one foot in front of the other. It's in these challenging mornings that I have learned to choose my weapons of war. Worship music and the sounds of nature! All of creation reminds me that the "whole earth is full of His glory." Blessed saving grace stirs my heart and floods my soul. I feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude for God and for all that He has done for me. The phrase "serve the Lord with gladness," comes to mind. The truth is we can serve the Lord with joy even on those morning our world feels tilted. We can serve the Lord when we are at work or cleaning our home or caring for our family and friends. When serving the Lord in our everyday life we can do it, "unto the Lord." Purposing to have a Christlike mind and attitude will turn those overwhelming tasks into Kingdom work. It is my blessing to serve others even in those difficult days because it is an absolute joy to serve the Lord. It is one of life's highest callings... Serving the Lord with gladness! 

"Worship the Lord with gladness and come before Him with joyful songs." Psalm 100:2.


No comments: