Monday, December 19, 2022

Indiscribable Gift

What's On My Heart Today

Indiscribable Gift

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not parish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him." John 3:16-17. 

Today, I experienced something very special. I was standing in my kitchen making Christmas cookies, the fireplace was crackling and I was listening to Christmas music. I was thinking how blessed I am after a difficult year to be in such a place of sweet peace. The song "O Holy night" began to play and I suddenly had an overwhelming sense of heartbreak. I sensed I was feeling what God our Father must have felt when He made the decision to send His only Son to become a Savior for all of mankind. Here we learn the expression of God's love. He gave the most precious thing that He had to give. "This is my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased." (Matthew 3:17). Just for a moment, journey with me back in time; Jesus left the Heavens and all it's beauty, said goodbye to His Father, and started on a journey to earth by means of the virgin Mary. He died on an old rugged cross, rose on the third day and now sits at the right hand of the Father. Through Jesus Christ, we are son's and daughters of a Most High God. Like some gifts that grow more precious with each passing of time, the gift that God gave to us, the gift of eternal life, the Bible calls "the indescribable gift," only gets more precious with time. Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift."  (2 Corinthians 9:15).

"He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of His nature, and He upholds the universe by the Word of His power. After making purification for sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on High. Hebrews 1:3.

May the Christmas season bring you countless blessings!
Jo





 

No comments: