Monday, October 3, 2022

Worthy of Holiness

 

What's On My Heart Today

Worthy of Holiness

"So you must live as God's obedient Children. Don't slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You did not know any better then. But now you must be HOLY in everything you do, just as God chose you to be Holy. Scripture says, "You must be Holy because I am Holy."  1 Peter 1:14-16.  

Holiness...I was listening to our song for today and a thought, like a lightening bolt, struck! "Do I honestly feel worthy enough to be in God's presence?" I began to wonder, "Do I die to self daily?" What sins am I holding in my heart?" Sadly, I'd have to honestly say, "I'm not sure." I knew I had come up short. I am but fifthly rags requesting to stand in the presence of Almighty God. Even at my best, my heart sank. So great is the Holiness of my God and so great is the depth of my sin. The fact is, we are clothed in sin everyday by the choices we make that we allow to enter our heart. We could never be found worthy enough...or could we? Thankfully, God does not count our holiness through our eyes. The holy man is not one who cannot sin, the holy man is one who will not sin! When God says that we are to be Holy because He is Holy, He means that we are to be set apart from the world around us. The Bible says that God is Holy. Not just Holy, but, Holy! Holy! Holy! Truth is, none of us are worthy to be in His presence. Not even on our best day. He chose to dwell with us with a very high cost. Let's live a life worthy of this high calling. "Without Holiness no one will see the Lord." (Hebrews 12:14). Love and worship Him to the depths of your sin. Let's live like we are standing on Holy ground! 

"Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14. "Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord Almighty; The whole earth is full of His glory." Isaiah 6:3.

Sweetest Blessings,

Jo 

Endless Praise (Lyric Video by Charity Gayle) - YouTube


No comments: