Monday, August 8, 2022

The Importance of Intercessory Prayer


 

What's on My Heart Today

The Importance of Intercessory Prayer

"I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving thanks, be made for all men." 1 Timothy 2:1.

Do you often feel a sudden urge to pray for someone? A nudge that won't go away. You may be called to intercessory prayer. A prayer warrior that takes up a burden of another person.  Intercessory prayer warriors are partnering with God to accomplish the will of God for the glory of God. A High calling! Honestly, if we kept careful record of our focus during our time we spend in prayer, we would find that our prayers are mostly self-focused. Yet, there are many more commands given to us in Scripture to pray for the needs of others. I was introduced to intercessory prayer years ago. I love it! However, I learned that being a prayer warrior is not exactly for the faint of heart. This type of War Room prayer will often take you onto a battlefield. But take heart, intercessory prayer brings a weapon that has Divine power to destroy strongholds. The next time you feel that nudge to pray for someone, go directly to the Throne Room to God's ears. Ask Him for protection, provision, and the presence of God in their current situation. May you be encouraged to seek God's realm of prayer and don't stop until you feel released from the heavy burden. God's Throne Room is a beautiful place of grace!

"Again, I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in Heaven. For where two or three have gathered in My Name I am there in the midst." Matthew 18:19-20.

Sweetest Blessings,

Jo

(166) I Speak Jesus - Charity Gayle (feat. Steven Musso) (Live) - Lyric Video - YouTube



No comments: