Sunday, March 15, 2020

Walking Though Anxiety God's Way

ANXIETY… My friends, many of us are finding ourselves in uncharted waters today. It is in the unknown spaces that our emotions rise up and meet us. Fear follows and close behind comes...anxiety!

I personally believe that anxiety is somewhat like a terrorist attack from the enemy on our minds. When it rises up and changes our normal routine, it's difficult to take time to pause and be quiet before the Lord with all the explosion's going off in our heads. When this happens look to God's Word for comfort.  Apostle Peter made sure to remind us to submit ourselves to God.  

"So I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them and are firmly established in the truth you now have." 2 Peter 1:2.
 
Here's the good stuff now. God's Word tells us not to worry ourselves about anything. Anything! But, instead to trust our troubles to Him in prayer. It also tells us when we do that, He will guard our hearts and minds from the attacks of the enemy.
 
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7.

God in His amazing mercy and grace gave us His Word as our comfort against such events in our lives. Paul tells us how we can banish fear that leads to anxiety every time it rises up and takes root in your thoughts.

"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are f good report, if there is any value and if there is anything praiseworthy, think on these things." Philippians 4:8-18.

What evokes "lovely" thoughts in your mind? For me it's my garden, where my hubby and I created a bird sanctuary. Where my Creator whispers to my heart. Long walks on the beach where the cool breezes kiss my face. Listening to frogs in the evenings as they sing their melodic tunes. Looking at the stars that light up the night heavens and knowing that God named each of them. Knowing that He set the boundaries of the oceans. A Calm assurances that God promised that tomorrow the sun would rise. Counting my blessings.

Purpose to spend more time in your happy place, wherever that may be. Anything to take you mind off the days troubles. Breathe fresh air and take authority over your thoughts. They are not based on reality. They are fake news put there by the enemy of your soul.  Since the beginning of time, one disaster after another has ridden across the landscape. Being a Christian won't keep our eyes and ears protected from bad news. But we do have God's word to run to. God is our Anchor and Jesus is our Rock!

"When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy." Psalm 94:19.

God's word is absolute! We need to give God our worries in prayer and ask for a peace in every  situation. That might mean every five minutes some days but that's okay. Making continual prayer will guard your heart and minds. Listen closely and you will hear...

"Come and sit with Me and I will give you rest." Mark6:31.
 
I will be praying for you, I don't know if God will cure your anxiety, but I do know if He does not cure it, He will knock your socks off with other blessings. For me personally, God has given me total freedom from years of anxiety but that doesn't mean I don't still have worrisome days. Even though I know how to fend off attacks, do I sometimes fail? Absolutely! I return to my source of peace daily.
 
"So if the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom."
2 Corinthians 3:17.
 
Don't let anxiety be the prison, the house that you live in. The Holy Spirit can release you from the prison of fear and anxiety. It doesn't mean that you won't ever feel anxious or that you will have total control, but that you will be free to think and act without being under the control of the enemy. That's a worthy victory. That's dealing with anxiety God's Way!

Prayer

Lord, help me not to fear the unknown future. Let me remember that You already know what lies ahead and will safely lead me through it. I lay down my thoughts and fears at the foot of Your Cross and pick up Your Word as my guide. May the victory be your glory. In Jesus Name. Amen and Amen!

Sweetest Blessings,
Jo

No comments: