Thursday, January 2, 2020

Abibing in Him

"Abide in Me, and I in you as the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in Me." John  15:4.
 
Greetings to all,

ABIDE... As each year draws to a close, I ask God to give me a Word of direction for the coming year. I especially love the Word He gave me for 2020... "ABIDE."

This past year has been filled with the usual ups and downs that seem to come with an ever changing ebb and flow of life. This past year, we were blessed with health and finances, but, I found myself struggling with annoying things that really should not matter. Isn't that a women's plight in life? I said hello to a few, well, maybe a few more than few wrinkles, thinning hair, a few extra pounds, and an annoying desire to nap instead of accomplishing all I wanted to get done. All age related challenges that creep in an attempt to deplete my joy.
 
JOY... To be a joyful Christian is to know God’s presence. As we approach a brand new decade my heart is quickened with hope. My precious hubby and I are blessed, YES! I said BLESSED to be in our seasoned years. O' for sure, we go through the normal aches and pains of our aging, but we have also discovered that there is much beauty in this season of life. We have a lifetime of experience to look back on and draw encouragement from, but, it has been through our challenges that we have meet the face of "Grace" head on and it's BEAUTIFUL! Our Lord Jesus does not for a instant withdraw his blessings and the well-spring of his love is constantly overflowing, even to our old age.
 
Even to your old age and gray hairs, I am He, who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you." Isaiah 46:4.
 
This is the beginning of a new year, a new decade, and new hope. This one thing I am certain of... Dwelling in the fulness of God and all the promises of Heaven, is a journey that will bring you to a life of peace and joy. Let's pause for a moment and be thankful that God blesses us all... OVER and OVER! May this year deposit sweet grace, peace, and joy into your life as we lean into "ABIDING" in Him!
 
"Blessed is she that believed that the Lord would fulfill His promise to her." Luke 1:45.

 




 


No comments: