Saturday, October 19, 2019

The Image of Christ

 
 "Even unto your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I will carry you." Isaiah 46:4.
 
Why do we as women constantly deal with our image? We are too fat! We are too old! We are too ugly! Really, is that what our Creator thinks? In truth, God sees the real us, the inside, the part that matters.
 
"But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7.
 
I woke up one morning and accidentally peeked into my mirror. Oh! What I saw nearly rocked my joy! Wrinkles! Not one but many, many wrinkles! Those squiggly little lines were etched into my once smooth face for all the world to see! My thoughts began to race. Where? When? Why? Enter the enemy of my soul... Ugly! In all of my Lords infinite mercy, He reminded me... "Every wrinkle you see represented a difficult season that you had gone through to remind you that you were created in My image. True beauty comes from reflecting My image in your life."
 
"Even unto your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I will carry you." Isaiah 46:4.
 
Today, when I happen to peek into my mirror and, yes, see those same squiggly wrinkles, I am reminded... "When grace is joined with wrinkles, it is adorable!" No matter what I see in my mirror... God thinks I'm beautiful!
 
"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14.
 
Sweetest Blessings,
Jo

No comments: