Friday, August 2, 2019

Gift of Love

"My beloved spoke, and said to me, Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, come away with me." Song of Solomon 2:10.

Pause... Have you ever read a portion of the Bible that gave you pause? The Song of Solomon is filled with such language. Words that give me pause. The Song of Solomon is a little book in the Bible nestled between two giant books that book-end it; Ecclesiastics and Isaiah. In all honesty, these poetic words of love would make many women uncomfortable, especially, when we equate these erotic words to our relationships with God, our husbands or any other man for that matter. Odd, since we live in a world today where sex is an open book for all to see. Yet, we are uneasy reading the depth of intimacy that these two lovers seek.

Among Christians, some believe the Song of Solomon is an example given for marriages. Others believe it is a love letter from Christ Jesus to His Bride, the church. I certainly don't claim to understand in totality the true meaning of this book in the Bible, but, there is one thing that I do know. God seeks to be in an intimate relationship with His believers. He teaches us what sacrifice means. Jesus paid the highest price for you and me because He loves us more then we can imagine. Here, we get a sense of the joy of fellowship with Him. To love Him and others is a reflection of His love.

Ah! isn't love the grandest of emotions? While many Christians often gloss over this little poetic book of love poems, it is gifted with much wisdom for us all. It shows God's heart for His people. It echo's our Savior's love for us and His desire that we  spend eternity with Him in Heaven. I pray that you will find a quiet place and open your Bible to the Song of Solomon and read it with the eyes of your heart, as a love letter written to you by your Creator. The Song of Solomon is a song of praise, celebrating God's creation; It's a love letter written to you as a... Gift of Love.
 
"He calls you the beautiful one."

Sweetest Blessings,
Jo
 

 

2 comments:

Kim McDougal said...

Really sweet way you broke down this book JoJo! :) WUVS!

Whats on my heart today said...

Thanks love!