Wednesday, July 31, 2019

My Secret Garden

"But so many people were coming and going that Jesus and the apostles did not even have a chance to eat. Then Jesus said, "Let's go to a place where we can be alone and get some rest." Mark 6:31.
 
"Come away with Me to a place of rest." This is what Jesus was telling His Disciples in our Scripture today. There had been a vast multitude attending Jesus preaching, and because there was such a throng of people that surrounded them, Jesus was telling (teaching) the Disciples to follow Him where they could be free from the noise around them and find rest.
 
 Life simply was never meant to be so busy. We rush to fill our days with so much unnecessary activity. This business of life matters greatly to me and often gives me pause to ponder. Pondering requires quiet. We can’t do that if we are rushing about and busy all the time. Pondering is not wasted time. Spiritual pondering brings peace in its wake.
 
 Can you see the similarities to our busy life's today? I can! This past season of my life has brought me to much pondering this very thought. "Quiet" has been my heart cry. In my quiet time the Holy Spirit reminded me of a most beautiful place that I was beckoned to come to, a place I call "My Secret Garden." It has been in this sweet place I have learned that my beloved Savior longs to be invited into the garden of my heart. Today, I invite you to… "Come away with me to my secret place and find refreshment."
 
My Secret Garden... Psalm 23:1-6
 
 "The Lord is my Shepard; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Even thought I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; Your rod and staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows..."
 
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10
 
Sweetest Blessings,
Jo



 

No comments: