Monday, March 11, 2019

Balance

"Who has measured the waters in the hollow of His hand, and marked off the heavens by the span, and calculated the dust of the earth by the measure, and weighed the mountains in a balance, and the hills in s pair of scales." Isaiah 40:12.
 
"Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! So much to do, so little time to do it! Just when I think I can catch up, another obligation or distraction pops up. This has been a long hard lesson for me to learn. I love people and I love to be busy, but on occasion, I find myself tipping over. Our scripture today reminds us that God was specific with balance when He was setting the heavens and the earth in order...
 
It occurred to me how important balance is to God, and to my life. In particular, my very patient husband, who all too often has had to pick up the tattered pieces of my overstretched schedule. Somehow I needed to find the balance between work and play; serious business and fun; conserving and using; being with people and being alone.
 
Guess what? We alone are allowing our freedom to be abused, our time to be sabotaged. We can't blame the enemy for all our bad decisions. Oh, be sure that he has the ability to mess things up, but be aware that it is often with our help. How many times does it take for us to figure out that touching a hot stove will burn our finger? It is the same with wasted time. Both will leave us in pain.
 
Our attitude toward life changes when we learn to put our life in proper balance. A Christians prospective to having a balanced life begins with time spent with God. Before adding another obligation to your calendar, pause a moment to ask God to give you wisdom. Ask Him to help you bring order, harmony, and balance into your day. You will find that a balanced life will actually give you freedom.
 
Sweetest Blessings,
Jo
 
 



No comments: