Thursday, February 22, 2018

My Cup Overflows

 
"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; mu cup runs over; Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." Psalm 23:5-6
 
Today is my birthday! Unfortunately, because I had a very broken childhood, I have never been comfortable with attention. Most years I would wake up with a feeling of dread because of the spotlight I knew that my birthday would put on me. Today, something seemed a little different. I sensed the presence of the Lord very closely. He reminded me that regardless of any brokenness in my life journey, my LIFE was His gift to me. Is there anything more valuable then the gift of life, from birth to eternity? Who can purchase such a gift for anyone else? No one but our Heavenly Father. A Priceless gift! One of my favorite sayings is; "It is well with my soul"...Today, for the first time in my life, I can truly say...
 
 

 


No comments: