Monday, February 26, 2018

Press On

"You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world." 1 John 4:4
 
Press On...In our hectic lives, our day's all too often, just plan seem overwhelming! Every day comes with new demands and so many challenges. Many Christians have built their faith through trials, but still, we grow weary and find ourselves asking God, "Why?" The Word teaches us about trials, and it also gives us wise council. So why do we constantly need reminded? I wonder, have we grown lax in trusting God? Do we take time to talk to Him? Do we spend time in the Word? Do we pray?
 
We can't always make sense of our suffering but when trials come, we can take heart in Paul's words, "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have it's perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." (James 1:2-4). Powerful words to remember. When we understand God's truth and what is real, we also become aware when of the enemy whispers lies to us. When discouragement rises up...Press on.

I recently ran across this quote (No name). May you find comfort in it. 

I’m a part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I’m a disciple of His and I won’t look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still.

My past is redeemed. My present makes sense. My future is secure. I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap living, and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need prosperity, position, promotions,or popularity. I don’t have to be right, or first, or recognized, or praised, or rewarded. I live by faith, lean on His presence, walk by patience, lift by prayer, and labor by Holy Spirit power.

My face is set. My gait is fast. My goal is heaven. My road may be narrow, my way rough, my companions few, but my guide is reliable and my mission is clear. I will not be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded or delayed.


I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice or hesitate in the presence of the adversary. I will not negotiate at the table of the enemy, pander at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I won’t give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and preached up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus.
 


No comments: