Monday, February 19, 2018

Cluttered Minds

"Look carefully, then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil." Ephesians 5:15-16
 
Cluttered Minds...Like me, do you often feel emotionally overwhelmed? Do you pray and ask God to show you why? Guess what ladies, our minds are often so cluttered that we can only see God through a drawn shade where we can only see His glory through the cracks. 
 
I don't know about you, but, my mind rarely sits still. I think constantly and in many different directions all at the same time. I used to think that multitasking was a strength, an amazing way to accomplish everything I needed to get done. Today, I'm learning that is my weakness.
 
We live a very busy and hectic lifestyle, full of endless to-do lists that can cause a lot of stress. Unfortunately, if were not careful, we can get so consumed with things that will never reap a harvest in our lives. A clear mind is one that's aligned with God's Word and controlled by His Spirit. Until we give Him full authority over our thoughts, we have no power to clear out the clutter that hinders us from living the fullness of His will.
 
But how can we slow down and declutter our minds? Stop and take inventory. It's impossible to stand before a mountain of chores and see the bottom unless we focus our attention. Focus takes discipline. A cluttered mind is a distraction. With God's help, take your everyday, ordinary life, your sleeping, eating, going to-work, and walking-around life, and place it before God as an offering.
 
 


No comments: