Monday, February 12, 2018

Knowing God By Name

 
 
"And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent." John 17:3
 
Is it necessary to know all the names of God? I'm really not sure if there is a right or wrong answer to this question. But, I do know that to know the names of God opens up the door to knowing His character more fully and experiencing His power more deeply. Our name is the most personal thing that we have, it is our identity. God Almighty, whose personal name is Jehovah (Yahweh), wants to be your counselor, your confidant, and your faithful friend. He deserves our full and deepest worship, our praise, and our love every minute of our lives.
 
Throughout the Old Testament, beginning at Creation and going all the way to the end, God has progressively revealed Himself. It is God's Word that reveals who God is and His Names. Because of the depth of His character, He has various names that reflect the many ways that He relates to us. For example, God is called Elohim when revealing Himself as the all-powerful Creator.
 
 This is why it is important to have a personal relationship with God the Father directly. God has names for every situation we find ourselves in. Without that personal and intimate connection we only learn about God without ever knowing Him. As you explore the richness in each Name of God used in the Scripture, you will learn to trust His goodness, rely on His promises, and live in His abundance.
 
Begin praying to the power of these Names:
 
Jehovah-Jireh ~ My Lord will provide.
 
Jehovah-Rohi ~ My caring Shepard.
 
Jehovah-Shalom ~ My God of peace.
 
Jehovah-Ropha ~ My God who heals me.
 
Jehovah-Nissi ~ My Lord is my banner.
 
Jehovah-Meqaddeshkem ~ My Lord who sanctifies me.
 
Jehovah-Shammah ~ My Lord is there for me.
 
Jehovah Tsidkenu ~ My Lord my righteousness.






No comments: