Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Sweet Sleep


What's On My Heart Today... "Sweet Sleep"

Sleep...seems like a common theme with my friends conversations recently. They do not sleep well. I was never a good sleeper. Who knows why? I would toss and turn and worry and fret about anything that popped into my mind. One day I had a conversation with my pastor and he shared with me that when he had a difficult time sleeping he put his Bible over his chest at night and he sleeps like a baby. I was so moved by this delightful information that I never forgot it. I took it even further by putting Scripture over my bed, God's promise to keep me safe. These are both valuable weapons in our keeping. Since I put this into practice, I sleep all night, every night. If you struggle with night restlessness, I encourage you by faith to give God's promises a place over you. Today, God would say to you...

"I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety" Psalm 4:8

No comments: