Friday, May 26, 2017

I'm Pressing Pause


What's On My Heart Today...

I'm Pressing Pause...Life is a perpetual motion. Seasons come and go. With each passing phase of our life the wind of change comes. God is God. He knows what He is doing when He moves us through seasons. God knows the heart of His daughters. Recently, change has been tugging on my heart.

I began my journey of blogging five years ago when God set a new season in my life into motion. It was a beautiful season of wonderment but also peppered with challenges and heartbreak. It is through this season that God shaped and molded me into the woman I am today. A woman with a heart for God. I learned to serve God does not always mean the easiest roads. I learned that a wilderness experience can be the best place to experience an abundant Life!! In all honesty, their were times I could not see the hand of God. When I couldn't see his hand. I learned to trust His heart. It has been a journey of God's amazing grace.

This is my heartbeat...I want my heart and life to reflect Jesus alone.“My only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.” Acts 20:24.

Today, I am reminded of the importance of resting in the presence of my Heavenly Father. For this reason I am pressing pause. I will open the window and let the fresh air in. There is a calm that gently reminds me to breathe. My thoughts must be stilled. It's a sweet thing to sit quietly and talk to God for awhile. To greet my Lord in His awesome wonder. God waits until we are ready, until the pace of our life has slowed enough to appreciate the beauty of His love for us...then He speaks.

Every season comes bearing the gift of a new beginning. God set this moment in time for a reason. It is for this reason that I will be laying my pen down for the summer, starting immediately and will not be posting on this blog as I pray and seek God's will for the next season in my life.

I thank you, my precious followers that have faithfully journeyed beside me, who encouraged me when you sensed the pain in my words and rejoiced when you could see the many blessings God so graciously bestowed upon our life. I am not the same person that I was five years ago. I have grown in ways that can not be explained if you do not understand the ways of our Almighty God. I walk hand in hand, heart to heart with my Lord Jesus Christ. My testimony is  this...

"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20.

I don't know what the next journey for me will look like. I know that our callings are for life and beyond, so I have no doubt that it will be in His service. I will serve him with open hands and a open heart. Can I ask you to please whisper my name to the Throne Room for guidance. I have long since learned that to fined peace and joy begins in our obedience to our Lord. To God be all the glory!

May you be showered with blessings of love, hope, good health and happiness!

In His Most Precious Love,
Jo Kent

*For those of you that have been following The "Extraordinary Women of The Bible" study, We will return in September on this revised blog with all the remaining women in the New Testament. If you are already subscribed to this blog it will automatically arrive in your email.

No comments: