Wednesday, April 19, 2017

In Our Brokenness


What's On My Heart Today...  "In Our Brokenness"

"How Precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I would count them, they are more than the sand. I awake and I am still with you." Psalm 139:17

It is often in our physical and emotional lows that we are plagued with feelings that cloud our joy. Where God can seem distance and our hope has faded. My friends, you only have to read our beautiful Scripture today to take comfort. "How precious to me are your thoughts." God is ever faithful and on-time to meet us in the middle of our need. It is in our suffering that He tenderly speaks to us, "The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by His love." (Zephaniah 3:11). He will quiet us with His love! Won't you invite Him to come and sit awhile with you today? Today, God would say to you...

“The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”
Psalm 34:18