Monday, April 17, 2017

Contentment


What's On My Heart Today... "Contentment"

And he said to him, “Say now to her, ‘See, you have taken all this trouble for us; what is to be done for you? Would you have a word spoken on your behalf to the king or to the commander of the army?’” She answered, “I dwell among my own people.”  2 Kings 4:13

Today, I am reading about the Shunammite woman who was a wealthy woman and had a lot to be happy about. This made me pause and ask myself, "Am I content with what I have?" We all have things we can thank God for, but do we focus on the good things He blesses us with, or are we always looking for more? This is the secret of a happy and thankful heart, this woman had a thankful heart that opened the door to more blessings in her life. By being thankful for all that God had given her, instead of worrying about what she did not have, she was able to enjoy her present blessings and receive even more. When Elisha asked the woman what he could do for her she simply stated the fact that she was happy with what she had. Today, God would say to you...

"Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.” Luke 12:15

No comments: