Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Family Christmas Traditions


"You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16:11

With Christmas at hand I've been thinking a lot about all the loved ones in my life. I think of the moments I spend with my loved ones and I wonder if this may be my true gift of joy? Spending time with our loved ones definitely fills our hearts with joy, but I wonder, do we know that it is in our knowing and loving Christ Jesus that is the true relationship of our heart? After all, Jesus is the keeper of our hearts. Not only does He fill our hearts with joy, but He also rejuvenates our spirits. While I can hardly wait to see and celebrate with family this year, I am even more excited to share my love of Jesus with my family. Christmas is what we make of it. Despite all the distractions, we can see to it that Christ is at the center of our celebration. If we have not already done so, we can establish Christmas traditions for ourselves and for our families which will help us capture and keep the spirit of Christ. It is possible to have joy in every season of your life if you take it from the hand of God.

No comments: