Sunday, August 25, 2024

This Little Light of Mine

 

This Little Light of Mine

Living in Fear: Christianity acknowledges the presence of fear in our lives, and how it can be a powerful force that affects our faith and actions.

"This is the message we have heard from Him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all." 1 John 1:5.

This Little Light...When I was a little girl, I was newly adopted, uprooted, and afraid of everything. I was paralyzed with fear of the dark. Each night, I'd go to bed in my dark room, alone and afraid to open my eyes for fear of what I might see. My first Christmas, my adopted parents gave me a little pink Bible. I found a flashlight somewhere and each night, I'd cover my head, turn on my flashlight and open my little Bible. The first Scripture I memorized was 2 timothy 1:7, "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love, and a sound mind."  I have carried this Scripture in my heart for life. Fear is normal, it's in our human nature to be afraid. Some people are afraid of tangible things, like the dark or spiders, others are afraid of intangible things, like death or being alone. If this has been your journey, alllow me to speak to your heart....It's in our darkest hour that Jesus shines the brightest. 

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9. 

"Light is to darkness what love is to fear; in the presence of one the other disappears"

Sweetest Blessings,
Jo

No comments: