Sunday, August 11, 2024

Finding Joy In the Journey.

Finding Joy In the Journey

"The LORD is my strength and shield. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy." Psalm 28:7

One of the first songs I can remember singing in Sunday school was, "I've got the Joy, Joy, Joy down in my heart!" That song just makes me happy every time I sing it. Still does to this day. So simple but so true. We often get joy confused with happiness or believe they are the same thing. They are not. Yet, happiness and joy are woven together. True happiness is rooted in our relationship with God. Everything else flows from there. This journey of life is messy and filled with ups and downs. Yet, despite it all, we must find joy before the trials of life sweep it away. We do not remember days, we remember moments. The sweetest moments come when we realize where joy comes from. It may not be easy, but it is possible. A joyful life is made up of joyful moments. Cherish the simple moments of life with loved ones. The worst thing we can do when we feel joy slipping away is closet ourselves in with our emotions. Joy scatters a hundred griefs! A joy shared is a joy doubled.

"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:?

”Joy does not simply happen to us. We have to choose joy and keep choosing it every day" 

Sweetest Blessings,

Jo

No comments: