Sunday, May 5, 2024

"Why God?"

"Why God?"

"My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man's whole body." Proverbs  4:20-22.

Why God...is often the first question we ask when troubles come our way. If you are a Christian, you may believe God should protect you from every hardship. But my friends, life simply isn't always fair! I have been dealing with an extended illness and early this morning I needed a one on one, heart to heart with my Lord. I was determined not to leave until I was healed. I begged Him to show me what was lying between the Cross and my illness that I could not understand? I was reminded of the story of the "Persistent Friend" (Luke 11:5-13). How he kept going back to his neighbors house but the man wouldn't give him what he ask for...until he kept coming back. So what did I learn from this parable? To never give up, never stop praying. Abba Father, in Jesus Name I am whole! Amen and Amen!  My statement of faith! Regardless of what we feel, we will be made whole, if not in this world...the next! Meanwhile, God promises to "never leave us or forsake us" or "give us more then we can bear." Someday, we will stand face-to-face with our Savior filled with never-ending love. We will look at the nail scars on His hands and realize He suffered more. When suffering hits you, instead of asking "Why me God?" ask, "Why not me too?" 

"Count it all joy when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." James 1:2-4.

"When you ask God  "Why Me" He whispers... "Trust Me!"


 

No comments: