Sunday, April 28, 2024

The Sparrow

The Sparrow

"Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them will falls to the ground apart from the Father's will. Yet the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more valuable than many sparrows." Matthew 10:29-31. 

The Sparrow...We live in Montana where winters are long. It's spring here now and all the birds are arriving full of life and a promise of renewal. A beautiful robin just landed on the flower box outside my window and sang me a beautiful song of greeting. I am reminded it was the sparrow that Jesus used to illustrate our value to God. Did you know that the birds were created on the fifth day but man was not made until the sixth day? Have you ever wondered why God chose such a common bird to illustrate a profound truth? There is an insightful lesson for each of us through the life of a sparrow. They seemingly have no worries at all where their food is coming from or where they will rest for the night. Oh, that we could embrace the simplicity of trusting our Abba Father for all our needs. Worry would not crease our brow. God knows our every need and cares about the things we don't even notice. Jesus is our portion! Let us allow the beauty of this simple expression of boundless faith grip our hearts today. "I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I'm free, His eye is on the sparrow and I know He cares for me." Today, if you are worried, be encouraged, the sparrow was not made in His image...WE WERE!

"Therefore, I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than cloths? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in the barns, and yet, your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you mot much more valuable then they?" Matthew 6:25-26.

"Gentlemen, I have lived long enough and am convinced that God governs in the affairs of man. If a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it possible that an empire can rise without His aid?" Benjamin Franklin.

Sweetest Blessings,
Jo

"Said the robin to the sparrow,
"I would really like to know
why those anxious human beings
rush around and worry so.

Said the sparrow to the robin.
"Friend, I think that it must be
that they have no heavenly Father 
such as cares for you and me."


 

No comments: