Sunday, November 20, 2022

Grace Giver

 

What's On My Heart Today

 Grace Giver

"Although they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks to Him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened." Romans 1:21

Thanksgiving... I am sure that I am not alone when I say, I love, love, love, Thanksgiving! For me, it speaks to faith, family and lots of love. The historical roots around Thanksgiving paints a picture of friends and family gathered around the table to celebrate and show gratitude for that years  harvest bounty. Sadly, this sacred holiday has lost many of its religious roots in an ever growing ungrateful world. Yet, it is still the same God that walked through generation after generation since the beginning of time. We are one family, the family of God. God still desires us to be a thankful people. While Thanksgiving draws us together in a collocative spirit of gratitude, I wonder, how many of us still say grace before this special meal? Thanksgiving provides an opportunity to bond together in one heart by holding hands while saying grace. No matter how small something is, if seen as a blessing, it's huge! So this Thanksgiving I hope you and those around your table will find a way to give thanks to our loving, grace-giving God. If you are a hostess or a guest and no-one says grace...be a grace giver! 

"Enter into His gates with Thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His holy Name. Psalm 100.4 

No comments: