Sunday, September 1, 2019

Living Life With Purpose

"And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it," when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left." Isaiah 30:21
 
Purpose... I have always wished that I could have lived in the early days of the settling of America. I think that dream took on life when my family celebrated the 100 year Centennial for Oregon. My grandmother made my dress and my mom braided my hair and in my mind, I was transported back to that time period. The little girl in me fell in love with a life that she wasn't destined to live. Oh! There were many more fanciful dreams that floated through my heart. It wasn't until I was past mid-age that I would wonder why I always dreamed of another life. 

As a seasoned adult, I can easily look back and put all the pieces together. It is in the journey that we find our purpose. Jesus said; " I came that you may have life and have it more abundantly." (John 10:10.) Having purpose makes it impossible to merely exist. When you have definite purpose for living, your passions and talents will drive you toward a happy and fulfilling destination. Your daily devotional life is your compass for developing a rich, rewarding and productive life that God prepared for you. Search your heart and see what your passion is and you will know your purpose. This is your calling. Use your spiritual gifting's and talents and breathe new life into them.... Watch the Lord bless others and most of all bless you!

"Being confident of this, that He who began a new work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

Sweetest Blessings,
Jo



 


No comments: