Thursday, August 22, 2019

Christian Faith

"When I think of this, I fall to my knees and pray to my Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit. Then Christ will make His home in your hearts and you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide and how long, how high and how deep, His love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think." Ephesians 3:14-20 (NLT)
 
Christian Faith... This is Paul's prayer for our Spiritual growth. In our harried, overscheduled, life, we all too often get caught up in the drama of life. Enter bad decisions! This beautiful Scripture calls us to look to God for direction. Here is where our personal relationship with Him is put to test. The kicker for me, a high-achiever-planner-extraordinaire, I have to lean with all my messy, exhausted self into Him. Because I am an overachiever, (all you Martha's out there will understand) I had to learn "humility." So often ignored, so often required. I have to walk humbly in the footsteps of my Lord. This allows me to stop when He stops and listen before I react to stressful situations. We can never trust our emotions to lead our actions. A recipe for disaster!
 
Know who you are in Christ. Walk so close to Him that you can hear His heartbeat. Processing life through His direction will be a journey through humility but it is in this space that you will find, "Selah" rest for your soul. Those who receive grace for grace from Christ's fulness is filled with the fullness of God and all His riches. On difficult out of control days where your world tilts sideways, learn to look for God's love for you in every detail of your day. You will find your problems are far less important. May God bless and fill you to overflowing with His fulness... This is empowerment my friends!
 
To know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fulness of God. "He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8.
 
Sweetest Blessings,
Jo
 
 


No comments: