Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Living In His Presence

 What's On My Heart Today
My Wilderness Journey "Living in His Presence"
 
While I am no stranger to difficult seasons, there was something profoundly different about this one. It was longer and more challenging. Sometimes God waits until the storm is over, when a calmness comes, than we are reminded who calmed the storm. I spent countless hours in His Word and in prayer, the more time I spent in talking to Him, the more He drew me into something much deeper, more precious and beautiful then I had ever experienced before. In my quiet space, I found a Divine difference between asking God to come into my presence and my seeking to dwell in His presence.

“Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.” Psalm 16:11 
*******
 
"Living in His Presence"
 
"You have said, "Seek my face." My heart says to you, "Your face, Lord, do I seek." Psalm 27:8

It has been in the midst of this journey that I gained a much deeper understanding of seeking the Lord and seeking his presence. This should be our heartbeat. It's not about waiting for Him to come to us, but in our seeking his beautiful presence. When I step into His presence, where it's just me and Him, He quiets me and the noise fades into the background. It centers me on the glorious reality of who He is and who I am in Him. Everything else we do in life needs to come from the place of knowing His heartbeat. A righteous heart is alive and full of life because God's face is shining on it. Jesus wants us to make Him the most important person in our life, the greatest love we will ever know.

"As a mother comforts her son, so will I comfort you." Isaiah 66:13

Little babies love to be snuggled close to mommy's heartbeat. It gives them a sense of feeling loved and safe. It doesn't require words, just the steady, faithful, ongoing beat of mommy's heart. This is one of the most intimate moments in life when you pause and listen to the heartbeat of someone you love. God's love for us is like a mother's love and by His own chosen words likens His care over us to the role of a mother. How do we hear the heartbeat of God? Maybe it's as simple as being still and knowing He is God. Maybe we need to pull away from all the noise and distractions that draw us away from His heart. God wants you close enough to feel the rhythm of His heart and the patterns of His thoughts. Make God your first love, your greatest treasure, your refuge, your glory, and your strength.

Morning and Evening" C.H. Spurgeon

If the Lord Jesus were far away from us, with many a stormy sea between, we would long to send a messenger to Him to carry Him our love and bring us tidings from His Father's house; but consider His kindness-He has built His house next-door to ours. More than that, He lives with us and makes His home in our poor humble hearts, so He may have continual fellowship with us. O how foolish must we be if we do not live in constant communion with Him. When the road is long and dangerous and difficult, it is no surprise that friends seldom meet each other; but when they live together, shall Jonathan forget his David? A wife may, when her husband is on a journey, spend many days without conversing with him, but she could never endure to be separated from him if she knew him to be in one of the rooms of her own house. Why, believer, do you not sit at His banquet of wine? Seek your Lord, for He is near; embrace Him, for He is your Brother. Hold Him fast, for He is your Husband; and press Him to your heart, for He is your kith and kin. If this is the union between our souls and the person of our Lord, how deep and broad is the channel of our communion! This is no narrow channel through which a threadlike stream may wind its way; it is a river of amazing depth and breadth, along whose glorious length a ponderous volume of living water may roll its floods. Consider how He has set before us an open door; let us not be slow to enter.

"Oh, what enlightenment, what joys, what consolation, what delight of heart is experienced by that man who has learned to feed on Jesus, and on Jesus alone." (C.S. Spurgeon)

Tomorrow "A New Season"

No comments: