Friday, February 10, 2017

Walking in The Light of Jesus


"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12

"I am the light of the world; he who follows me, he who walks with me, obeys me and stays with me will have light in his pathway." This is a wonderful promise. In declaring Himself to be the Light of the world, Jesus was claiming that He is the exclusive source of spiritual light. Why does this matter? Light and darkness stand in opposition. Without Jesus, people are held captive in darkness (Sin). Being spiritually blind is to be spiritually lost. Eternity stands in the balance. Jesus is the light of the world, and those who follow him do not walk in darkness. God has called us into his marvelous light. That is where I want to be. "You, Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light." Psalm 18:28.

Sweetest Blessings,
Jo



No comments: