Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Night Fears


"In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8

We have this beautiful Scripture over our bed as a reminder...As a child I suffered with night terror. Mind-crippling, spine-tingling, heart-pounding fear. When the darkness came, my fears came with it. It wasn't until morning would streak the horizon that my fears would begin to subsided. These are the sort of irrational fears that push faith out and usher in defeat. Amid life’s trials, we can find ourselves being dominated by fear. There are always going to be things that are going to make us afraid, even as Christians. Fear is an emotion created within us to alert us to danger, but we should never let fear overtake us. The fact is, children fear the dark for many of the same reasons adults do. It was in that darkest of night, when I felt so fearfully alone that I began to talk to God. I sensed His loving, comforting voice, centering me once again. The answer to all our fears is to seek God, commit our fears to Him, and trust Him completely. Don't doubt in the darkness, what you believed in the light. Our Shepherd never slumbers, so sleep well my friend, rest in knowing that you are surrounded by the loving arms of the Father.

No comments: