Sunday, July 28, 2024

God Knows

God Knows 

Written by King David...Psalm 139:1-6

 “O LORD, You have searched me and known me.

You know my sitting down and my rising up;

         You understand my thoughts afar off.

You comprehend my path and my lying down,

         And are acquainted with all my ways.

  For there is not a word on my tongue,

         But behold, O LORD, You know it altogether.

You have hedged me behind and before,

         And laid Your hand upon me.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;

         It is high, I cannot attain it.”

God Knows...I absolutely adore Psalm 139. I have quoted sections of this Psalm over and over again in my life as it has become one of the most precious examples to me of how intimately the Lord knows and loves me. What if we really believed these words of Scripture. They are powerful truths that need locked into every believers heart. We see how God is gloriously in every detail of our life. How He knows our actions and reactions. He knows our thoughts and our future. He knows exactly where we are and what doing. He knows our concern, our fears and our heartaches. He knows our getting up and our going to bed. He knows our coming in and going out. He knows our frustrations, sadness, illness and heartaches. That's hope when our faith wans. Assurance when we can't see what lies ahead. Love when we feel alone, hope when there's no hope. How comforting to know that all the days of our life are seen by God, from the lowest place to the highest praise. What wonderful grace! God Knows!

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my anxieties, and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Psalm 139:23.

"The very hands that held each of us as they formed and molded and knit us together, are the same hands that stretched out on a cross to redeem us from our sin."

Sweetest Blessings,
Jo



No comments: