Sunday, June 23, 2024

Live in the Moment

Live in the Moment

"Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." James 4:14.

Food for thought...Do you find your thoughts wandering during conversations. Maybe to your to-do list or what you might fix for dinner or maybe even what the pastor is saying in the sermon? I'm sure we are all guilty as most humans are never fully present in the moment. How often do you find yourself thinking about what happened yesterday, or what might happen tomorrow? I used to love multi-tasking. It seemed like I was using my time well by doing several tasks at once. But, as I've grown older, I've realized what a mistake I was making. I missed so much by not being fully present in the moments. Multitasking divides our attention, making it harder to focus. We often find ourselves overwhelmed by stress. Although God wants us to learn from the past and plan for the future, He wants us to live in the present. A moment is a blink of the eye, but so is our life span. 

"Be very careful, then, how you live, not as unwise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what is the Lords will." Ephesians 5: 15-17. 

Sweetest Blessings,
Jo

"In life, there are no rewinds, only flashbacks. Make sure it's all worth it."


 

No comments: