Sunday, April 14, 2024

There's a Little Girl In Every Grown Women (Finding Joy in Your Journey)

There's a Little Girl In Every Grown Women 
(Finding Joy in Your Journey)

"These things have I spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you , and that your joy may be full." John 15:11.

Finding Joy...We often hear our childhood shaped who we are as adults. I believe this to be true. Good, bad, or downright ugly! Many were blessed with idloic childhoods while others had difficult childhoods that shaped who they became as an adult. The difference is in the life choices we made. From my earliest memory to my seasoned years, I have always seen life through rose colored glasses. I still love the innocence of babies and the smell of puppies breath. I still love the color of pink and the smell of jasmine. I still love tea parties and cookies. I still believe in prince charming. I married one! Do I see myself aging? Of course I do... but today I choose to find beauty in my age. It is a gift from the Lord. It is special! Has life tainted my youthful memories? Not one bit! Sometimes, when life feels off balance, I take a moment and journey back to the sweet days of my youth and I am reminded that I still love the same things, and they are good. The joy we feel has little to do with the circumstances of life and everything to do with the focus of our life. Joy does not happen to us. We have to choose joy and keep choosing it everyday. It's the simple things that create joy. God created us that way. And it is good! 

 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22:23.

"Live beyond "What If" find joy in "What Is."

Sweetest Blessings,
Jo


 

No comments: