Sunday, January 29, 2023

This World is Not My Home

What's on My Heart Today

This World is Not My Home

"But our citizenship is in Heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ." Philippians 3:20.

Given the state of affairs of our world these days, I wonder why we make this earth and all that it has to offer so valuable? Our earthly home is a place of temporary and imperfect love. As Christians we are becoming strangers to this world. C.S. Lewis wrote, "If I find in myself  with desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is I was not made for this world." Christians, it is important that we understand this, Heaven is our eternal and everlasting home. As believers, we have a hope in our future that the world does not have. Here is a call to Christians, don't try to build a nest down here! Live as pilgrims, pressing onwards and upwards to our eternal home. God's got something so much better awaiting for our arrival. This is my prayer and hearts desire, standing face to face with the One who died and rose again. Think about your first breathe in Heaven. Pure and sweet! We should all long to breath the air of Heaven. "Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!" 

"For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal home in Heaven, not built by human hands." 2 Corinthians 5:1.

Sweetest Blessings,
Jo

Hymn of Heaven ~ Phil wickham
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqxtFUwM3-o




 

No comments: