Monday, October 31, 2022

Garments of Praise

 

 What's on My Heart Today

Garments of Praise 

"To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He might be glorified." Isaiah 61:3.

Did your kiddies ever wake up grumpy? I used to tease that I was going to wake grumpy up. Even the most grumpy child can be coaxed out of their funk by a few tickles or funny faces. But the same can't be said for adults. Imagine trying to change the attitude of a grumpy adult with the same method. The picture actually makes me giggle. What do you do when you wake up and for no apparent reason, you feel out of sorts, grumpy and not connected to matters of the heart? The Bible gives you a perfect solution, Jesus wants to give you a garment of praise for your heaviness. It takes a great deal of faith to choose praise. But choose, you must. It is often the only thing that can pull us out those dark moments. Our Lord sends us a sense of His presence right where we are. He lays comfort over us like a warm blanket. If I wake up feeling out of sorts I often go outside and sit in my old rocking chair, and I listen as the whole earth is waking up. Nature never stands still and God never stays silent. The wonder of living is held within the beauty of creation, the glory of sunlight, the sweetness of fresh air, the quiet strength of earth, and the love that lies at the very root of all things. Every praise is to our God...Praise works wonders!

 "I will praise you, O Lord, with my whole heart: I will tell of Your marvelous works. I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your Name, O Most High." Psalm 9:1-2.

Sweetest Blessings,
Jo 

 Every Praise - Hezekiah Walker Lyrics - YouTube

           


 

No comments: