Monday, December 31, 2018

A "New Day" With God

 
2018 will NOT be among my favorite years... Or will it? It was a challenging year for my hubby and me. Nothing new to anyone journeying through their seasoned years. But this year seemed the mountains were steeper and the valley's deeper. Why, I wonder? Can it really be about aging? Was our youth really any easier? This I know, every season comes with challenges and disappointment, but I am reminded that they also come with equal portions of victories and joy. Challenges have nothing to do with age! Our Lord knew there would be days, even seasons that would challenge us. O' but our God, who is full of hope, mercy, grace and love, left us with a book full of promises!
 
"They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Because of the LORD’s loving devotion we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness! "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in Him." Lamentations 3:22-24.
 
If 2018 seemed challenging to you, take heart... Instead of greeting the "New Year" greet each "New Day" and continue greeting each day that follows with a Grateful Heart! Greet each morning with confidence that today is new and you are safety abiding in the Presence of God. I challenge you to join me in keeping a daily "Grateful Heart" journal in 2019 as a reminder that you are chosen, cherished, loved and protected by a faithful God! What a priceless gift!
 
"This is the day that the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:23-24.
 
Sweetest Blessings,
Jo 
 
 


No comments: