Friday, October 26, 2018

Sufficient Unto Today

 
"But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, My glory and the one who lifts my head."
Psalm 3:3
 
All our struggles are sufficient unto each day. Days where our minds have need to reach deeper for memories of simpler, carefree days. I seem to traverse theses days more often as age creeps into my bones. I wonder where exactly did life become so complicated. I ask myself, "Why should I, a child of God, face days that challenge me so? This I know...I AM A CHILD OF GOD! My heart is drawn to the Word that floods my soul with encouragement and precious peace. "But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, My glory and the "One Who Lifts My Head!"
 
As these words flood my soul, I know that I am going to have a sweeter day. Like me, if you have days that feel heavy with challenges, pray Scripture into your soul and breathe fresh air. Tomorrow will dawn new and sufficient to it's own challenges, but for today... I will lift my head to my King and I will REJOICE!
 

 


No comments: